Client: Contra Costa Community College District
Services Provided: Master Planning, FPPs
Project Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Master Plan Completion Date: 2007
Planning Goals: The Facilities Master Plan for Diablo Valley College presents an overall picture of the future developed campus and includes new construction, renovation and site improvement projects.
Award: 2008 AWARD OF HONOR Community College Facilities Coalition
Throughout the planning process, the project goals served as the foundation for the following major highlights of the Facilities Master Plan.
1. Create a “Front Door” to DVC – A strong “front door” strengthens the connection between a college and its community.
2. Develop a Pedestrian Friendly Campus – A pedestrian friendly campus provides ease in wayfinding, links distinct department areas and creates a unified campus experience.
3. Foster Communities of Learning – Diablo Valley College is committed to creating innovative learning environments and incorporates this principal through the careful creation of indoor and outdoor space.
4. Renovate or Replace Older Facilities – Replacing or renovating the old facilities allows for opportunities to develop new learning environments, to carefully use and maximize the available land and to incorporate sustainable design principles.
5. Honor the Character of the DVC Campus – The Master Plan recommends that new facilities be designed to carefully maintain the dynamic and lively character of the college.