tBP/Architecture is a full-service architectural practice specializing in facilities planning and design for educational and public sector facilities in California. Since our inception in 1952, we have been dedicated to helping our clients to provide thoughtful, quality design to support and facilitate student success. Our primary focus has been on educational facilities, K-12, college and university facilities; 95% of our projects are K-14 Educational Projects. tBP/Architecture has collaborated with over 44 California Community College Districts (78 Campuses) and nearly 60 School Districts during our firm’s history, successfully completing over 1,800 major projects including new construction, renovations/modernizations, as well as facilities planning and implementation based in each client’s educational vision. The firm has grown to become a leading educational facility firm statewide, with offices in Newport Beach and Walnut Creek.
Our mission is “to provide inspiring sustainable and research based collaborative designs for educational facilities.” Clients benefit from our longevity, experience and capabilities with a varied listing of project types. Clients also benefit from our exceptional multi-talented firm members who are the nucleus of our business and provide a personalized level of commitment. We have a staff of 34 consisting of 11 licensed architects and 7 LEED Accredited Professionals, as well as planners, designers, interior designers, graphic artists, 3D presentation specialists, BIM and AutoCAD project leaders and construction administrators. Many of these professionals have been a part of the tBP family in excess of 25 years. The dedication to our mission keeps our business culturally enjoyable, financially stable and rewarding for both our clients and our family members.
tBP/Architecture is a full service professionally licensed Architectural and Planning Design Firm. During our 66 years our primary focus has been on educational facilities, K-12, college and university facilities. We have also completed a variety of facility types of private sector projects such as restaurants, churches, bio-tech labs, corporate offices, multi-story housing and public works projects; performing arts, civic centers. The firm collaborates with administrators, faculty, staff and students to develop innovative solutions. These solutions embrace each institution’s culture, address advance learning modalities, enhance learning outcomes, provide optimum flexibility and adaptability, and create environmentally sensitive settings for lifelong learning. Since the firm’s funding in 1952, we have completed projects totaling in excess of $2.5 billion in construction.
Our Firm has been in business continuously since 1952 with the following evolution of our dba:
1952 – 1959 Blurock, Pleger, Hogan, Ellerbroek
1960 – 1974 William Blurock Associates
1975 – 1982 William Blurock & Partners
1983 – 1994 The Blurock Partnership (TBP)
1995 – Present tBP/Architecture, Inc.