The Facilities Master Plan provides a roadmap for facilities development to align with the goals and strategies of the College’s Education Master Plan. These goals included: advancing student achievement in meeting educational goals, transforming and sustaining campus infrastructure, and providing new and expanded opportunities for organizational development and effective innovation.
As each of the eleven college locations were evaluated, it was essential that our team, stakeholders, and other planning contributors maintained a student centered approach. The plan evaluates and provides recommendations on a variety of topics pertaining to how facilities are used, what makes students and staff feel comfortable, what students desire, and more.
In summary, the Facilities Master Plan:
- Provides a strategy for facilities improvement, renovation, replacement, and new construction over the next 10 years
- Builds a 21st-century community college that meets the needs of students today and into the future
- Develops facilities to anticipate the needs of students and faculty for the 21st Century
- Modernizes CCSF facilities in order to serve the city of San Francisco for the next 10 years and beyond
- Includes the community in the decision-making process for the multi-campus college.
CLIENT San Francisco Community College District
SERVICES PROVIDED Master Planning, Balboa Reservoir Transportation Study
PROJECT LOCATION San Francisco, CA
COMPLETION DATE 2019